Monday, June 04, 2007

Joyride

Phew..what a tough time i had for the past few weeks..I finally getting more stable and comfortable with the new routine of the new shop.Opening a shop is not as simple as setting up a company.All through the years i learn this: To setup a bussiness is easy but to maintain it is a different story.
Retail and production is 2 separate things to do. With no knowledge and a little experience ( use to sell poscard at my parents gallery at CM) , I just go 'belasah' using my basic instinct and of course with guidance from my mentor, my mom. Well, both of us are not graduate in any bussiness school or whatsoever ( me: creative multimedia,mmu while mama: fine metal,itm ) but probably it runs in our blood for having this bussiness minded all the time.
Anyway, Manggis Fotografik is doin great now, alhamdullilah.I thank Allah everyday for the rezeki that I can share with all my other staff. I meet new people especially photographers in the shop. Ex-client coming back to print their wedding photos again or their newborn babies. Everyday is a learning process to me.

The most enjoyable things that I ve done lately is I start reading again. Unbelievable! I cant even remember when was the last time a read a book ( i mean a real story book). On my teenagers years I love reading Sidney sheldon and danielle steel's novels.
When I got into MMU, my type of book change from love novels to art book. Learning how mystic life is when you see visually or in an abstract form. Everything happens for a reason. Forms follow function and all the intelectual stuff. Been a fan of David Carson and Blackwell at that time.
After I graduate, I hardly remember reading any books. Oh dear..poor me! When i start working, nope still not reading anything. All i remember i do read magazine like KLUE, motivation book ( half way), all time favourite pancaindera slot on sunday and loads of wedding magazine. When I got pregnant i did read few books on pregnancy, babies and stuff like that. And when E-am (new name for my Ilham, credit to indah) was born i completely cant read anything except Noddy, Barney, Elmo and some weird creatures story which my son adore.
And now, all of sudden I have the urge of reading a real story book again. I went to Kinokuniya and seek for a book which light, fun and easy reading as i dont want to spoil this mood by reading heavy issues. So i thought it would be nice reading something that relate to my job which is wedding and wedding is associated with LOVE. Yup! I managed to find a romantic comedy novel which of course have a nice and sweet cover ( i do judge a book by its cover..hehehe) . So i bought myself a book West End Girls by Jenny Colgan.

The first attempt reading is kinda hard with e-am by myside. He will be snatch the book and try to distract me from reading. He even leave a stain with his sloppy kiss at the book. I just start reading for a day and the book looks like a second hand book. I even take a time break by having a lunch at Dome Cafe all by myself just to finish up the book. Hip hip horey! West End Girl done! ( will write the book review soon) . Since KLCC is the most convinient place for me to go ( thanks to the elevated highway) I went back again to Kinokuniya to find my next book. Got myself a book by Cecelia Ahern: When Rainbow Ends.

Surprise.Surprise. I finish reading the book in just 3 days.And by the time I finished reading the last chapter, I was crying for almost 10 minutes. Sili me. But I cant help it reading this story which is so hmm how should i say...beautiful and inspiring.( I definately will write the review soon!)
My next book is Weekend in Paris by Robyn Sisman. Simply bought this book just because I love Paris so much and the fact that mama and abah is in Paris now on their 30th anniversary honeymoon. Grrrr... how I wish the flight ticket is cheaper and the euro is like rupiah.

Anyway, reading again is such a wonderful experience to me. It was once a food for my soul and now it does the same thing again and again.

Cheers.

3 comments:

.eiffel.amani. said...

err buley lah pinjam buku yek

sitynuress said...

ehhehe... tq for the book ikan.. it is simply delicious!!!

nazura.fishie.yan.sili.mummy said...

ayu - sure sure. pojee pon pelik nengok banyak buku kat tepi katil...

sity29-its a pleasure. hope some magic will come out from the oven soon!