Saturday, June 09, 2007

The best is yet to come


I believe that everybody have their own journey of life. Everyone of us have our own dreams to pursue everyday...I live my life everyday dreaming of getting something I dont have now but maybe over the years, I might get it. I know a lot of us do the same too..There's nothing wrong with dreaming because dreams DO come true IF YOU PUT IT IN REALITY AND WORK FOR IT (being 'mat jenin' wont work ya)



Over the years of building Manggis, I realised that I have a lot to be proud of. NOT on myself but to the people in manggis which I now name them, MANGGISIANS. Looking at each of everyone progress have somehow make myself 'bersyukur'. On my prayers, I always pray to 'murahkan rezeki Manggis supaya dapat dikongsi dengan yang lain'. And alhamdullilah, everyone of us still have a place to stay, nice cloth to wear everyday, gadgets to buy , endless sms to our love ones and most of all almost everyone in Manggis will gain weight after few years working (except for me lah kan, akak maintain ok!). Aha! that means semua cukup or likely lebih makann..alhamdullilah...syukurr...I'm glad that over the years of hard work, Manggisians have gone to Singapore and Bali twice ( don't we just miss restu bali and ketupat and jinbaran and and...).


From just the two of us(me and pojee) doing video weddings, we are now 10 members all together. 3 of them are my x students. Riza who is back than a 'ketua murid' in his class at EDI ( my first job as a lecturer) was the first employee in Manggis. He starts his journey with zero knowledge in video editing, travels from cheras to Tmn Melawati by lrt/bus and no girlfriend (eh yeke?). Now, Riza can edit wedding videos like peanuts, travel by car, support his family and definately have a girlfriend.(bila nak edit video sendiri nih?).

Jon who is from Tgganung kita is known for his MIA(missing in action) during classes but have talent in design. I always scold him for not being consistent in his work and his lack of communication with me. Alhamdullilah, I personally can see the difference in him over the years. He's now producing much better and consistent work, wish me good morning when he came early or sorry, saya datang lambat when he's late (denda tetap kena ye..but that attitude i like).
Maphia (who is not that mafia) came to manggis later after Jon. Back than, he use to balik kampung( Seremban) by the komuter and own no fancy stuff. Now we call him as 'Mat Gadget'. You name it, any new gadgets from apple products to crumpler bag will be exhibit in his cubicle. And lately he's no longer to be seen in any lrt/komuter station. They who before I refer as a fresh grad in graphics, now is a multimedia designer with a multiple skills from video editing, designing and the videographer who capture THE MOMENT at Manggis.


Next is our Project Manager. Anuar(aka nuat) is my junior in MMU who I ve known for his skills in communication and passion in bussiness. I do remember in my uni years, when me and pojee opened up a stall during the convo and nuat was just around the corner selling drinks. From nasi tomato to car rental, u named it. He has done it all. His journey in Manggis starts with a Kriss motorbike (which is not proportion in his size), single, ambitious and confius I must said. Over 2 years plus, he's now a proud husband and owner of his new alfa. In another 4 months, he'll be joining in the 'father's club'. With his passion in bussiness, I hope we can see Manggis branch somewhere in the North soon,insyallah.

The youngest of us is definitely Fahmy. When he join us, he was just 19, blur and thin. Looking at that age, we know what to expect from this age group. For over 2 years of lecturing and scolding, he whom just turn 21 ( baru legal masuk disco fahmy oiii!), have showed at least an improovements in design but still not on his TIME. And by the way, he gain few kilos here and there.The 3 other people, Ra, Yasser and Haidar have not work up to 1 year. So I prefer to give them some time to proove themselves and I will be happy writing this sort of entree about their achievements in the future.
As for me and pojee, we both are so glad to be part of this. Glad to share the rezeki with this individuals. Happy to see them getting married, buying new car, tukar sport rim moto, to be able enjoying their life and to be a better person. We realised that each of everyone of us are different yet we compliment each other with our positive and negative way. Every each of our milestone is an accomplishment to every one at Manggis. Every achievement is a teamwork success.

Let us not to forget that we still have a long journey to go. More things need to be learn, to accomlplish in our lifes and be a better wife, husband, son, daughter , friend, collegue, boss, staff and most of all TO BE WHAT WE WANT TO BE. I'm not expecting that they will be in Manggis forever but I hope they learn something here and I learn something from them too. I hope they remember that we have lots of fond memories back in Manggis. As for now(since we are still Manggisians, dont we) let us keep the spirit burning and keep on capturing those wonderful moments of our clients. I hope we will continue improoving ourself for the future to come.

The best is yet to come.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 months..
does that qualifies me as a 'manggisian' as well? hehe

fishie, I've secured myself an accountant position at a well prestigious co. here in Ireland. so i reckon i'll be here 6-7 years more.

nak bukak branch kat sini?

Anonymous said...

aw...

i love this entry....:(( syahdu sangat...

Fishie. u have strong will to be able to bring up your own company together with your hubby

on top of that Manggis' works are excellent! (many of my sister's friends = your client~)

with your family (families? - your mom and dad n the rest) by your side...

and still be able to grow a lot of good, delicious, sweet manggis at the same time~ hehe..

Syukur Alhamdulillah....

Congratulations to you and pojie and good luck~!

:)

- Dela

zulkhas said...

thanks to manggis for giving zulkhas eyeview an oppurtunity to grow with them. It's been a great 3 years producing countless moments.

"ini manggis berbuah sepanjang tahun"...

Anonymous said...

since i start, manggis just have '4 biji manggis' and now, we have '11 biji manggis'...its great right...every year berbuah...

thanks fishie..i learn so much thing...from 'x mandi,now i mandi everyday and wear nice cloth' ;D ....without manggis, maybe i dont be 'mat gadget' hehe..

p/s : lama dah rasa tak berjalan-jalan-jalan. :D

Kunci said...

comel la ok entry ni. fishie, kalau i suggest mangosteen ok kah? Hihihi

CONGRATS & WELL DONE