Friday, May 16, 2008

A tribute





On last 13 May 2008, an exhibition 'Cerita-cerita lain' was held at Muzium & Galeri Tuanku Fauziah, USM. A tribute for my late father Allahyarham Hj Rahime Harun was also done on the launching day. My late father had donated almost 30 pcs of his work and my mom's work to the museum last year. He also did some free lecture to the art students there. I recall my father used to say that he would not want to claim his lecture because he feels that it is his contribution to the society. At that time, I did not understand why he likes to do free job for people but after reading this:

“Apabila mati seseorang anak adam, terputuslah segala amalannya melainkan 3 perkara ; Sedekah Jariah, Ilmu Yang Bermanfaat dan Anak Yang Soleh Yang Mendoakannya”

I finally understand, Abah.

4 comments:

nadya.s said...

salam fishie,

al fatihah utk uncle.

looking at the last photo, of you, staring at uncle rahime's potrait..pandangan yg penuh kasih sayang dan rindu..seorang anak. dan dari gambar itu juga,aku rasa your dad miss you too.

takecare fishie. he's in better place :) insyaallah.

nadya.s said...

..and i dont know why,tapi aku nangis, bila tengok gambar last tuh..

nazura.fishie.yan.sili.mummy said...

Your guess is right nadya... I really miss my Abah. Semalam lepas solat, aku nangis semahu-mahunya mengingatkan arwah. How i miss hearing his voice and laughter. Pagi ni aku ke kubur melepaskan rindu...

Anonymous said...

thank you for this entry.